Closeup: operator's RH fingers grip the focus collar of the tubelength corrector.
1. Right-angle prism fitted to Nikon x3 objective.
2. Small flash units, each powered by four NiCd cells.
3. Photo-sensor flash triggers connected to synch. leads.
4. Threaded adaptor to connect T/L corrector and photo tube.
5. Condenser unit of Schott KL1500 fibre light guide (modelling light).
The microscope stand used to support the optical setup
is a Russian Biolam stand with the nosepiece removed.
© 2001, Micrographia.